Targeted Athlete Strategy (TAS)
The Targeted Athlete Strategy Program (TAS) is Basketball Saskatchewan’s Elite, High Performance training program for potential Provincial and National Team athletes in Saskatchewan. The TAS program operates from September to February each year with selected athletes receiving an invitation to the program from the Basketball Saskatchewan High Performance Coaching Staff in August.
Note: The TAS program does not have an open tryout process; Selected athletes will receive an invitation to join the program from the Basketball Saskatchewan High Performance Coaching Staff.
Through this program, athletes will improve their individual skills both offensively and defensively, with the primary goal to maximize their potential and attain the highest level of achievement. The TAS program is designed to improve an athlete in all aspects of the sport. Through this program, athletes will receive:
- A minimum of 34 hours of on court training with BSI High Performance Coaches
- Individual Performance Plan (IPP) from High Performance Coaches focusing on basketball skills
- Regular 1 on 1 check ins with a HP Coach
- Individualized strength and conditioning plan from Craven SPORT Services
- 8 sport science sessions focusing on topics recommended by the Canadian Sport Centre for elite athletes
- Bi-weekly Zoom sessions offering a combination of learning opportunities (ex. video breakdown and
creating a recruiting package) and group discussions with special guest from Canada Basketball and postsecondary programs
- TAS Swag (Reversible jersey and shorts)