Targeted Athlete Strategy (TAS)
The Targeted Athlete Strategy Program (TAS) is Basketball Saskatchewan’s Elite, High Performance training program for potential Provincial, Post-Secondary and National Team athletes in Saskatchewan. The TAS program operates from September to February each year with selected athletes receiving an invitation to tryout for the program from the Basketball Saskatchewan High Performance Coaching Staff in August.
TAS Tryouts: August 29th @ the Martensville Athletic Pavilion; Select Athletes will receive invitations to attend the tryouts by August 15th, 2021
TAS Tryout Note: The TAS program does not offer an open tryout process. Athlete’s are invited to attend the tryouts in late August each year by the Basketball Saskatchewan High Performance Coaching Staff. If an athlete is invited to attend the tryouts but is not selected to our TAS program they will be offered a spot in the NxtUp Program in their region.
Through this program, athletes will improve their individual skills both offensively and defensively, with the primary goal to maximize their potential and attain the highest level of achievement. The TAS program is designed to improve an athlete in all aspects of the sport. Through this program, athletes will receive:
- A minimum of 34 hours of on court training with BSI High Performance Coaches
- Individual Performance Plan (IPP) from High Performance Coaches focusing on basketball skills
- Attend the TAS Showcase Weekend
- Regular 1 on 1 check ins with a HP Coach
- Individualized strength and conditioning plan
- 8 sport science sessions focusing on topics recommended by the Canadian Sport Centre for elite athletes
- Bi-weekly Zoom sessions offering a combination of learning opportunities (ex. video breakdown and
creating a recruiting package) and group discussions with special guest from Canada Basketball and postsecondary programs
- TAS Swag (Reversible jersey and shorts)