NCCP Train to Train
April 3 - April 5
Train to Train (Competition Introduction – Advanced)
Advance your coaching with this workshop designed for coaches of athletes in the Train to Train stage of Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD).
Building on Canada Basketball’s ‘Learn to Train’ workshop, through a mix of classroom and hands-on experience in the gym, this workshop focuses on:
- Micro teaching in order to learn how to provide support to athletes in training;
- Designing activities that develop both technical skills and athletic abilities;
- Planning a practice that reflects seasonal training priorities;
- Identifying appropriate activities for each part of the practice;
- Analyzing performance including error detection and correction;
- Supporting the competitive experience;
- Advancing coaching in the progression of skills and concepts (conceptual offensive components, shooting, whole-part-whole teaching, and incorporation of mental training);
- Designing a basic sport program.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
- Certified Learn to Train coaches looking to take the next step in their coaching career;
- Dedicated youth coaches that are looking to provide young athletes in high school senior grades with the proper training to facilitate good basketball habits and skills to maximize their abilities.
WHO WOULD YOU COACH?
Athletes ranging from house league to competitive players in the Train to Train stage of LTAD (athletes aged 12-16 depending on their development/experience).
|Register:||Online at gameplanbasketball.ca
|More Information:||Contact Megan Penno at email@example.com|