July 31, 2012
Applications are now being accepted for Coaching positions on Basketball Saskatchewan’s (BSI) 2013 Provincial Teams. BSI will run the following teams in both genders next Spring/Summer:
SK Canada Games U17 – players born in 1996, 1997 and 1998
U16 - players born in 1997
U15 - players born in 1998, 1999 and 2000
Deadline for applications is August 31, 2012
Guidelines and job description:
* SK U17 Canada Games – NCCP Competition Development Basketball Coaching Certification
(LTAD Train to Compete) or Old Level III Basketball NCCP Certification for all Coaches
(Must be completed by February 3, 2013).
* U16 and U15 – NCCP Introduction to Competition Advanced Basketball Coaching
Certification (LTAD Train to Train Phase 2) or Old Level II Basketball NCCP Certification for
all Coaches (Completed by July 2013).
* History of coaching success at the high school or post secondary level.
* Experience in coaching and playing, and a knowledge of the BSI Elite Program.
* Possesses a superior knowledge of the technical and tactical aspects of basketball.
* Have excellent communication and team building skills.
* Have the ability to work as a member of a team of dedicated professionals in pursuit of a common
* Possesses sound administrative skills.
* Have the knowledge of budgetary processes and the ability to monitor expenditures.
* Submit to a criminal record check.
* Adhere to Basketball Saskatchewan policies and procedures.
* Be a member in good standing of Basketball Saskatchewan.
* The coach shall comply with all policies of Basketball Saskatchewan relating to conduct including,
but not limited to, the Code of Conduct and Discipline Policy, Harassment Policy, Gender Equity
Policy, Confidentiality Policy, as amended from time to time.
To apply, direct a cover letter and resume to:
2205 Victoria Ave.
Regina, SK S4P 0S4
If you have any questions please contact Greg Lucas at 306-780-9264.