The liability policy will pay legal fees, adjusting expenses and settlement costs for claims brought against an insured which are claiming for compensatory damages arising from and insured’s action or alleged negligence causing bodily injury, property damage or personal injury. Claims for negligence covered from insurance would arise from:
· Premises occupied by you and operations conducted by your organization;
· Bodily injury to spectators arising out of sports & social activities sanctions by BSI;
· Products sold or distributed;
· Actions of independent contractors you may employ but only with respect to your vicarious liability;
· Liability assumed under a contract you have entered into;
· Accusations of false arrest, wrongful detention or imprisonment, libel, slander, defamation or malicious prosecution;
· Liability for injury to an employee who is normally covered by Worker’s Compensation but where WCB denies coverage;
· Liability arising out of the use and operation of vehicles not owned by an insured;
· Claims for incidental malpractice where a person may become further injured following application of first aid treatment;
· Damage to facilities rented or leased by you.
A “Sanctioned Event” includes all games, competitions or sport demonstrations run by a member club authorized by BSI, including related training at the event site and at club premises. Social activities and fund raising activities including those involving liquor are also covered providing it is sanctioned by BSI.
Secondary Sport Accident Insurance
· BSI sanctioned and organized practices and competitions;
· Transportation to and from events (2 or more traveling together with a minimum distance of 100km traveled);
· Regularly scheduled commercial air lines, licensed charter.
Death (Principal sum): $25,000
Loss Schedule: $2,000 to times principal sum
Paralysis: 2 x principal sum
Blanket Medical Reimbursement: same limit as principle sum
Special Treatment Travel: $1,000
Emergency Transportation: $50
Eyeglass and contact lenses: $100
Dental Accident: $5,000
Dentures, Artificial Teeth: $200 (includes hearing aids)
Fracture Indemnity: $50 - $500
Optional add-on to extend cover for incidents that occur outside of Canada can be purchased for $1/day/person. This is purchased prior to the travel.
At least 2 days notice is required.