Coach Development – Maintenance
Overview of Maintenance of Certification
In order to maintain certification you must continue your coach development. This is done through Professional Development Points.
- NCCP Training – 5 points
- Non-NCCP events – 1 point per hour (max of 3 points)
See the events calendar for upcoming Non-NCCP events or for out of province events go to Game Plan
- Active Coaching – 1 point per season/per team
Active coaching is self reported through the coach association on the locker.
- Learn to Train – Introduction to Competition 16 points
- Train to Train – Introduction to Competition Advanced 20 points
- Train to Compete – Competition Development 24 points
These points are required over a 4 year cycle from the time you are certified.
Hosting a Professional Development Event
- Obtain approval of the event by completing the Professional Development Event Approval form.
- Basketball Saskatchewan will notify the host if the event has been approved as a Professional Development Event.
- When the event is complete send a list of the participants and their NCCP # to Dave Werry at email@example.com.
- Dave will add the PD points to the participant on the coach locker.