Centre for Performance
Basketball Saskatchewan (BSI) will once again be running the Centre for Performance Program (CP) this fall! This will be the 16th year that BSI has run the CP program. There are two parts to the CP program:
Part 1 – (Concluded for 2018)
The CP program will start with open tryouts on September 8th (North) and 9th (South). There will be one open tryout for the North and South regions for all age groups, the tryout fee is $35. Athletes will attend two 2 hour sessions in their region. Saskatchewan Elite High Performance NCCP trained coaches will work with athletes on individual and team skills.
Part 2 (Concluded for 2018)
The Elite High Performance NCCP trained coaches for each age and gender category will select a team of athletes to continue training with the Centre for Performance (CP) program. The selected athletes will train to improve skills which will prepare them for the high school, club seasons and the Basketball Saskatchewan Inc. (BSI) Provincial Team tryouts in the Spring.ONLINE PAYMENT
The program will run on the following Sundays:
September – 16th, 23rd, 30th, October – 14th, 21st, 28th
*The program will conclude with a U15/U17 Showcase weekend taking place the first weekend of November.
The cost for part 2 of the CP program is $475 and each athlete receives:
- 26 hours of quality training from High Performance Coaches.
- On court sessions
- Sports Medicine and Science Sessions
- Strength training at Level 10 in Regina and Ignite in Saskatoon. For those outside the major centres, a strength and fitness program is provided for the athlete to use in their area.
- Training consists of break down individual skill development as well as team dynamics.
- CP jersey, shorts and BSI T-shirt
The U15/U17 Showcase weekend will include:
- Chance to demonstrate skills learned
- Tournament with CP participants
- Chance to socialise with basketball players from across Saskatchewan
- Opportunity to be viewed by BSI Provincial coaches
Age groups are as follows:
U13 – athletes born in 2006 – 2008
U15 – athletes born in 2004 – 2005
U17 – athletes born in 2002 – 2003
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com