Centre for Performance
*Find CP Tryout Times Below*
Basketball Saskatchewan (BSI) will once again be running the Centre for Performance Program (CP) this fall! This will be the 16th year that BSI has run the CP program. There are two parts to the CP program:
The CP program will start with open tryouts on September 8th (North) and 9th (South) – Registrations for tryouts are now open, click the “Register Now” button below! Locations and Times for tryouts TBA. There will be one open tryout for the North and South regions for all age groups, the tryout fee is $35. Athletes will attend two 2 hour sessions in their region. Saskatchewan Elite High Performance NCCP trained coaches will work with athletes on individual and team skills.
CP Tryout Schedule:
North Tryout – September 8th – Martensville
Martensville Athletic Pavilion – 200 8th Ave N
|Time||Gym 1||Gym 2||Gym 3|
|9:30 AM – 11:30 AM||U17 Girls||U15 Boys||U13 Girls|
|11:30AM – 1:30 PM||U15 Girls||U17 Boys||U13 Boys|
|1:30 PM – 3:30 PM||U17 Girls||U15 Boys||U13 Girls|
|3:30 PM – 5:30 PM||U15 Girls||U17 Boys||U13 Boys|
South Tryout – September 9th – Moose Jaw
|Time||Vanier||Peacock Gym 1||Peacock Gym 2|
|9:00 AM – 11:00 AM||U17 Girls||U13 Girls||U13 Boys|
|11:00 AM – 1:00 PM||U17 Boys||U15 Girls||U15 Boys|
|1:00 PM – 3:00 PM||U17 Girls||U13 Girls||U13 Boys|
|3:00 PM – 5:00 PM||U17 Boys||U15 Girls||U15 Boys|
The Elite High Performance NCCP trained coaches for each age and gender category will select a team of athletes to continue training with the Centre for Performance (CP) program. The selected athletes will train to improve skills which will prepare them for the high school, club seasons and the Basketball Saskatchewan Inc. (BSI) Provincial Team tryouts in the Spring.
The program will run on the following Sundays:
September – 16th, 23rd, 30th, October – 14th, 21st, 28th
*The program will conclude with a U15/U17 Showcase weekend taking place the first weekend of November.
The cost for part 2 of the CP program is $475 and each athlete receives:
- 26 hours of quality training from High Performance Coaches.
- On court sessions
- Sports Medicine and Science Sessions
- Strength training at Level 10 in Regina and Ignite in Saskatoon. For those outside the major centres, a strength and fitness program is provided for the athlete to use in their area.
- Training consists of break down individual skill development as well as team dynamics.
- CP jersey, shorts and BSI T-shirt
The Showcase weekend will include:
- Chance to demonstrate skills learned
- Tournament with all CP participants
- Chance to socialise with basketball players from across Saskatchewan
- Opportunity to be viewed by BSI Provincial coaches, University and College coaches.
Age groups are as follows:
U13 – athletes born in 2006 – 2008
U15 – athletes born in 2004 – 2005
U17 – athletes born in 2002 – 2003
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com